Friday 12 December 2014

Spindled Leftie

This week I have been a good girl and finished many things :)

Here is another UFO that landed this week:







It is a "Leftie"(pattern from Martina Behm). The pattern originally calls for Fingering weight yarn, but as this is not my favorite weight of yarn, I decided to go a bit thicker :) The yarn that i had spun had about 9wpi  (somewhere between DK and worsted weight) and I knit with 4.5mm needles.

The colorful yarn was originally spun during the Tour de Fleece 2014, it was a leftover from a roving that I once dyed for a different project.
It was only 43 grams (97 meters), but I loved the colors so much that I wanted to turn them into something big.



Then I found the Leftie pattern and thought it was perfect!
For the "background" yarn I decided to spin a Merino/Babycamel mixture (50:50) in natural color.
And as I was so happy with my new spindle from the famous German wood turner Matthes, I decided to spin everything on the spindle.
That took a while.... so here some photos of the progress :)








I love the result! It's so decorative!











No comments:

Post a Comment