Tuesday 9 December 2014

Bulky Mini Poncho

And another update today :)

This is what I made from my first handcarded batts using my new drum carder...


 100% fine Merino wool, dyed in a rainbow gradient by myself


then carded, first each color separately, then blended to get a striped batt

These are the batts, which were spun into thick slubby singles


The bobbins before plying


And the yarrrrrrn, 2ply colors a bit random... 

And this is what I knit out of it: a cute mini poncho with strings for size adjustment.
Below are two pictures of me showing to different ways to wear it:




The wonderful texture of the knitted fabric

Soo this was a quite fast project compared to others, as it was spun very thick (100g, 216 m) and then knit with 10 mm knitting needles. I cast on 66 stitches and knit in the round until I almost ran out of yarn. Then I added one row of purl, on row of *k4, yo, k2tog* and another row of purl stitches. Afterwards I bound off loosely. Through the holes created in the yarn over round, I put a string with two wooden beads. Finished!

Hope you like it and it inspires you. Knitting bulky is so much fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment