Friday 19 September 2014

Cabling Without Cable Needle


About 6 months ago I began to knit this fabulous sweater from Audry Nicklin. It looks rather complex but the pattern is written so well that I would say it is easy to make for knitters who have just a bit of cabling experience.



Up to this project I always did cable patterns with the help of a cable needle.
In this sweater you need to cross stitches almost in every round, so I thought it would be helpful to find a way of speeding this up - cabling without the help of a cable needle!

There are several ways to do that. Here are some good videos that show different techniques:

From the DROPS tutorial library:






Or this one by elizzza which I liked most (sorry, it's in German):




 I used a mix of different techniques for the different kinds of stitch crossings in this pattern. I hope you will find this useful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment